February 5, 2009

Inside the mind of a hardcore L2 player

red a.k.a DanTheWise, danutza and so on… wants to have his go on the L2 trilogy compared to World of Warcraft, Guild Wars and other top MMORPG’s on the market. It's an open window into the mind of a hardcore L2 player. Enjoy!

"This is written by someone who played a lot of MMORPGs out there , so believe me I know what I’m saying - Lineage 2 has the best group pvp experience ever , surpassing WoW , Guild Wars and many others .

Ladies and gent's, at the end of the day you must admit pvp in Lineage 2 is a matter of numbers, HUGE numbers. For I live the most intense feelings when I'm surrounded by hundreds of players who are fighting each other , when I see order in chaos, when I understand the insignificant meaning of the number 1 (one ^^) … L2 is not a game for the weak of heart. Those who seek an easy game pick World of Warcraft (WoW) where you can level-up to max lvl in a month, after which they will join "the online sensation" of desperation in looking for a group channel, or pvp-ing "to the max" with 20-100 people in a battleground.


I don’t want to talk about the waste of time on L2 private servers where chances are you will meet around 100 active players, seldom more. And since Lineage 2 is a matter of numbers....private servers just can't cope. And don’t even get me started on the abomination of private X5000 L2 servers -  they're no more lineage than pokemon – skills rarely work the way they should, and that’s the least of problems there.


In the in the end it's like this : Lineage 2 compares to real life, you are alone in a sea of people who will scam, steal, lie, cheat to get by … but sometimes you will find true persons in this chaos, few of many who can make your time worthwhile.


I'm proud to say I found some special people out there, a bunch of few that stood against many and alongside which I won and lost countless battles. Unfortunately, I had to lose 11 months on World Of Warcraft  before I realized what I had (back in L2) and what I lost .


Finally, for those of you who like to say "you got no life", I simply reply like this - Lineage 2 is like a hobby to me, I don't neglect anything for it, but when I play I really put passion into it. Oh, and it’s far better than wasting time with no final, grand satisfaction in.

No comments: